Friday, March 30, 2018


April

 SPIRITS UNEARTHED, Daisy Gumm Majesty’s 12th (actually, it’s her 13th, but let’s not get into that again) adventure is being released on the 17th of April! What’s more, one of Aunt Vi’s recipes will appear in this book: Smothered Chicken, Swedish Style. You’ll have to get the book to read the recipe, but I found one very interesting historical item in it. In order to create this recipe, you begin by hauling out your Scotch kettle! I had no idea what a Scotch kettle was, so I looked it up on Google, and turns out it’s a Dutch oven! You just never know about these things, do you? Here it is:


And here you have the cover of SPIRITS UNEARTHED. Immediately below the cover is a link to purchase it for your Amazon Kindle or your B&N Nook:
 
 


By the way, in case you’re not tired of pre-ordering Daisy books, here’s the place-holder and Amazon link to SHAKEN SPIRITS, Daisy’s 13th (actually 14th, but we knew that already) adventure:

I can’t find the Nook link, so I’ll just have to post it later.

March was an uneven month. I had to have Giblett, my problem child, put to sleep. Hurt like heck, even if he was a pain in the butt. The other dogs are happier without him, so I guess it’s a good thing I finally bit the bullet. Or Giblett did. Here’s one of my favorite photos of him. He used to love disemboweling stuffies. Unfortunately, he also tried to unstuff me when he got the chance. He finally bit me once too often, and I had to get a tetanus shot and take antibiotics for that, and Giblett bit the dust:

 
 
Then I got a most ghastly case of bronchitis, which I’m still battling. On my second round of antibiotics, and I’m still playing merry melodies on my bronchial tubes. Sigh.

I’ll be giving away copies of SPIRITS UNEARTHED at the end of April.

Here are the wieners of March’s contest:
Lamar Jackson wins a copy SPIRITS ONSTAGE (in which Daisy has a marvelous time playing Katisha, the mean old nastypants in Gilbert & Sullivan’s The Mikado).
Fred Holmes wins a copy of UNSETTLED SPIRITS (in which people keep dropping dead during communion services at Daisy’s church).
Sheila Deeth wins a copy of  BRUISED SPIRITS (in which Daisy and her friends save the life of a battered woman – this is based on a true story, by the way. The real woman lives in Australia).
And Sharon Sambuca wins a copy of SPIRITS UNITED, in which a dastardly plot at the California Institute of Technology (or Caltech, as it’s affectionately known) is foiled by Daisy and her gang. I think Sam’s Voodoo juju goes a bit wacky in this one, too.

A word about my monthly contests. I love giving my work to people; however, I found out quite by accident a few months ago that sending books to Great Britain, Australia, and other countries outside the United States is beyond my monetary capability. If a resident of a nation other than the United States has an e-reader, I’ll happily supply that person with an e-book. If a person doesn’t have an e-reader and still likes to read book-books, he or she is on his or her own. I’m sorry, but what I laughingly call my writing career hasn’t made me wealthy yet. And it probably won’t, but let’s not get in to that because it always depresses me. So. That’s that.

If you’d like to enter the contest to win a copy of SPIRITS UNEARTHED, just send me an email (alice@aliceduncan.net) and give me your name and home address. If you’d like to be added to my mailing list, you may do so on my web site (http://aliceduncan.net/) or email me (you won’t be smothered in e-mails, because I only write one blog a month, and that’s an effort). If you’d like to be friends on Facebook, visit my page at https://www.facebook.com/alice.duncan.925.

Thank you!

 

No comments: